Thursday, November 23, 2006

Telegony

Has anyone ever heard of the theory of telegony? I found out about it last night. I was very very surprised.
Anyways, you can search it on Wikipedia under "Telegony (pregnancy) but it doesn't give much information. Let me know what oyu think of it.

6 Comments:

At 9:29 PM, Blogger Dave said...

Telegony. Sounds like bullshit to me. Did you try typing it in to google? Not sure what results you get on your end, but here the only people who say it's true are racist twats. Sorry, but having just read an article (top of the google list after wiki) telling the dangers of sleeping with different races because it will "infect" the good little white girls and basically saying sleeping with a black man is as bad as sleeping with a dog, I'm kinda pissed. Wiki article says it's bull and the only arguement to say it's true seems to be "science doesn't know everything" hence I conclude it's bull. Complete nonsense. An old wives tale.

Nuff said.

 
At 2:39 PM, Blogger :-> said...

I am sorry Dave if you have found offensive information about telegony. I read about it in the Russian book and had a quick look within, again, Russian websites. Then I noticed that English scientists are very much saying it’s a myth and it has no scientific value and it is only Russian scientists who seem to be researching it.

This theory started in England when Lord Morton decided to bread his mare. This event was described by Charles Darwin.

Generally speaking, this theory says that when a woman has sex with a man, he may live his genetical coding and, therefore, the same woman’s future children may look like that man (both physically and character like) even if she has babies from a different man. I am not at all talking about different races. I mean what if some guy takes drugs and/or has certain illnesses and a drunken one-night-stand may have a negative influence on some girl’s future life (again, may have). I am not supporting this theory but in the same way I am not denying it.

I thought it may be something worth knowing. Lol, maybe I have become too much of a puritan.

 
At 10:05 AM, Blogger Dave said...

Sorry, but it was a VERY offence article I read.

The Charles Darwin event, of the horse and the zebra breeding, seems to be the only event on record (only one I've seen) of it's kind and can kinda be considered a coincidence. Either the mum or the dad could have actually had some zebra genes that just didn't show and it could have come from them.

In general, I still think the theory doesn't really hold water. If a baby took genes from all sexual partners of a female, how can we quite easily use a DNA test to prove who the real dad is? And with soooo many DNA baby tests going on due to the increasing ease of the test and the increasing slutty nature of humanity, fairly certain someone would have started noticing if babys take DNA from all possible fathers. Very high tech cameras placed in very strange places have shown how the sperm behaves etc. It goes into the cave, looks around for an egg to munch on and if it doesn't find one it curls up and dies. The idea that it might make it to the overies and alter ALL future eggs, but fail in it's primary mission to fertilise even one egg seems a little far fetched. On top of which, I believe i am right in saying that a woman is born with all the eggs she will ever spit out, so the sperm would actually need to alter the eggs themselves, not just change some kind of egg making mechanism.

As to your comment on the one night stand, sleeping with a drug user with an illness may indeed have some serious effects on a girl's furture. ANY one-night stand can have serious effects on a girl or a boys future. Even if you push aside the moral implications (which you should really never do) there are quite a huge variety of STDs to choose from out there, mostly spread by the kinds of people who are OK with one night stands.

 
At 10:47 AM, Blogger :-> said...

I am glad I now have lots of time to read books on esoteric studies as I was always interested in such stuff. But I do think I have rushed with putting a theory telegony on the blog. It isn’t a straight forward theory and scientists themselves haven’t found a definite answer to it. Anyways, debates are quite educational as they allow to look at a problem from different, unbiased angles.

Maria once told me that her mum thinks that “when you have … with a man/woman, you get something like a little “germ” from him/her. But he/she at his/her time got germs from other people he/she slept with in the past and those other people got germs from other people they have slept with in the past. Just imagine, how many little germs we may carry”. I laughed at it but I did think at that time that there is something in this saying.

The theory of telegony supports this idea. Talking on the subject of telegony, I think the main aspect in this theory is not physical, it is more about spiritual and/or psychological aspect(s). Of course, when a baby is conceived, the physical result comes from a man who was with a woman at the time of conception and that is why the DNA will be his. I think if telegony is true, then we have to take into account all those “germs” a man and a woman can possibly carry. We have to consider and evaluate:

- Psychological factors such as behavioral patterns, character and etc (of all past parters)
- Genetic factors such as diseases (some diseases may not be unique and it is hard to link diseases to causes), appearance and etc.
- Physical factors and etc

That is why it is very difficult to prove the existence of telegony. How far do scientists have to go in their research? What factors do they have to take into account and what factors they simply can’t evaluate? I also admit the possibility that telegony may not work in all cases (for example let’s say that both a man and a woman had a very small number of partners which all of them can be examined and their baby will be proven to be their’s on all levels).

After researching it briefly I have found that there have been successful experiments some denying the existence of this theory and some supporting it. One of the examples is the idea that dog selectionists believe that if a noble breed dog had been connected with a mongrel, this dog will not give birth to high breed puppies from another noble breed dog even if this dog didn’t have puppies from a mongrel.

The only obvious proves of telegony (again, if this theory is true) are the times when mixed-race babies were being born from the same race parents (I think that is why this theory is taken up so much by the racists). In some cases it could have been due to relatives being mix-race, in other cases it was found that all relatives were same race and this theory was considered as “possible” as some sort of explanation.

Again, I don’t deny that this theory can be false but I think it also has a basis for existence. Maybe even simply because it hasn’t been proven to be a 100% wrong. I also understand my arguments and understandings of it are thin because modern science doesn’t seem to pay much attention to non-physical matters.

 
At 12:01 PM, Blogger Dave said...

OK, think I lost you somewhere there. you started by saying some like " I think the main aspect in this theory is not physical, it is more about spiritual and/or psychological aspect(s). " Which I agree would be much harder to prove, then go back to talking about "Physical factors and etc", which you already said you kinda agree isn't true.

Can you pass on a disease? Yes. This is well known STD theory, believed by the vast majority of scientists and common folk alike all over the world. A man can give you a disease, you might not feel anything, might not know you have it, then be able to pass it on to another man, or, possibly, a child. Again, well documented STD results.

Can you alter the future DNA of someone's unborn child? This is what I think you agreed was unlikely, but kind of includes things like skin colour and appearence which you then go on to say might be likely and hence confuse me. No evidence for this and, as far as I am concerned, no logical theory to even suggest this can happen. The fact that "dog selectionists believe that if a noble breed dog had been connected with a mongrel, this dog will not give birth to high breed puppies" doesn't even come close to being evidence, for me. That just means someone else believes it without any proof, so we can too. OK, I believe 20 years from now pigs will evolve into a new supper race which will take over the world. If anyone else believes that as well, they can now use my statement as "proof" it "will" happen, after all, I'm a PhD student, it's a pretty reliable source.

can sexual partners alter are future children in a psychological way? OK, this is VERY difficult to prove, one way or another, and i assume people can argue about it until Global warming wipes us all out and we still wouldn't have settled the debate. From a slightly less spirital point of few than simply "a part of his spirit will always be inside you", doing stuff with anyone will always have an effect on you. Who can honestly say they are exactly the same person they were before their first time? If it psychologically effects the parents, then the parents teach the children and thus psychologically effects the children in some unmeasurable way. This, to me, is a more logical explanation than telegony, but it gives the same results, pretty much, so who cares which is more right?

Bottom line. DO NOT DO STUFF WITH SOMEONE YOU DO NOT LOVE, TRUST AND AT LEAST THINK POSSIBLE YOU WILL STAY WITH FOR A VERY LONG TIME. If everyone just trys their best to follow this simple rule, the whole conversation becomes pointless. And it's never too late to follow it, since it doesn't matter if it's your first time or your millionth time, from now on just follow the rule. Hell, if your just horny, you have a hand.

 
At 12:55 PM, Blogger :-> said...

Lol, horny, no i am not. I am waiting for my dream man.

Btw, i got insired by the parable i published before. I am going to be no less then a goddess to him and he will be no less then a god to me. I am working on myself to improve my weak points (i have started cooking some more or less serious things and i go to bed earlier and get up earlier).

I agree with you D. Any plans yet for the future mini-monkeys :-> ?

xxx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home