Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Olya's Story

I have two very good friends in Ukraine – Olya and Sveta. I used to see them over the summer holidays when I was in school (summer holidays are 3 months long here!!). We grew up together in many ways. Now girls are married and have children (as the majority of girls in Ukraine in their 20s).
I am closer to Olya. Among all the girls that I know, she is the most “womanly” – caring, excellent cook, a very good mother and etc. She is very beautiful. Her appearance is atypical – her eyes look slightly like the eyes of a Chinese girl but she is blonde with blue eyes (soz, I don’t have a pic).
Anyways, Olya told me a story that I would like to share with you.
When her grandma Paulina was young, she lived in some place for a while. Her neighbours were a married couple and there was something unusual about them.
That woman was a housewife. Everyday she was cleaning the house and cooking something tasty for her husband as many housewives do. But when it was the time for her husband to come back home, she would change her house clothes, put something nice on and make herself look beautiful. She was doing this every single day. I asked Olya how did the husband treat his wife. She answered that he treated her like a queen….

5 Comments:

At 10:18 PM, Blogger Dave said...

... so the moral of the story is if women want some respect, they should cook, clean and make themselves look pretty?

 
At 12:04 PM, Blogger :-> said...

Lol, not exactly. I am going to publish another story soon that is going to make it clearer, I hope.

 
At 1:11 PM, Blogger Limanim said...

I think that its nice when a woman looks after her home and husband like that, but i don't think its necessarily her duty. If a woman does everything for a man, he'll just become lazy and take her for granted. Also women should demand a bit more, if you spend all day cooking a meal for a man the least he can do is wash the dishes afterwards. Not every man will treat their wives like a queen even if she treats him like a king.

In some cases break up because the woman feels claustrophobic and trapped if all she was doing was housework, or the man gets bored when he treats a woman like a slave. Some cases a woman (or man) can give and give and give, and the other person loses interest and they break up.

 
At 4:56 PM, Blogger Dave said...

of cause, if you've spent all day cooking a meal for a guy, you probably burnt it, meaning the dishes are gonna be pretty hard.

I think Aline kinda knew that anyway Mac. I assume the point is more along the lines of a happy marriage comes from both man and woman doing their fair shares without needing to be told to do it by the other and that showing some appreciation for what your partner has done and returning the favour is more likely to encourage them to be nice to you again in return and thus kick off a cycle of good will and harmony.

 
At 11:56 AM, Blogger :-> said...

Dave, you are sooo right! I worried cause i thought you guys wont understand me. But you said it perfectly. Thank you. Pass my hugs to Jean. Miss you guys xxx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home