The lottery ticket (translation)
Author – Vladimir Megre
Book – Anastasia. Part 8.
Book – Anastasia. Part 8.
One man became very upset with his life. He ran into the little forest, lifted his hands in to the sky and shouted:
- I cannot live like this any longer! Dear God, injustice is happening in the world you have created! Some people are rich and can afford to eat in expensive restaurants, others are poor and eat of garbage bags. I am poor and can’t afford shoes and new clothes. If you, God, are fair and if you exist, let me win the lottery!
Clouds dispersed in the sky and a warm ray of sunlight gently touched that man. Then a clear voice spoke from the sky:
- Calm down my son, I will do as you have wished.
A man became very happy! He walked home passing various shops planning what he wanted to purchase on the lottery money.
A year has passed but that man hasn’t become richer. He started thinking that God lied to him. He came back to the same place where he first heard God’s voice and shouted:
- You haven’t kept your promise. You lied to me. I have waited for the whole year dreaming of a better life. A year has passed but I haven’t won the money.
- My dear son – a sad voice answered – you wanted to win the lottery. Why didn’t you buy a lottery ticket?
1 Comments:
Hehehe nice story i like it. Remember hearing once that
"If God did end world hunger, just like that. If everyone magically always had food put in front of them when they were hungry, it wouldn't take long before they started starving again because God hadn't cut up the food for them"
Post a Comment
<< Home