Friday, October 20, 2006

Bio toilets

Guys, my dad is interested in putting a bio (compost) toilet at work. Does anyone know anything about them (or had ever used them)? I am looking for information online and can only find companies that sell them. I need an approximate scheme on how they work, can anyone perform a search from your end and send me some links? When I was searching for them in the UK, different types of websites appeared.
Thanks
P.S. Let me know how you are doing

1 Comments:

At 12:09 AM, Blogger Dave said...

Basically, they are toilets which just collect your waste which later (15 ish years later) naturally becomes very good for plant life. They use no water, which makes them less wasteful, however most seem to rely on a constant venting system to avoid unpleaseant smells going in the wrong direction. Not entirely sure how much energy such a venting system would use up if constant.

Here's what google spits out from this end:

http://www.best-composting-toilet.com/

http://www.seiwa-denko.co.jp/biolux/profile.html

http://www.watermagazine.com/secure/jc/Japan.pdf

http://www.ecosanres.org/PDF%20files/Nanning%20PDFs/Eng/Zhen%20LIU%2025_E33.pdf

http://www.alibaba.com/catalog/11346559/Bio_Toilets_2010.html

http://www.plumbingproducts.com/biobidets.html

http://www.rpc.com.au/products/loos/sun-mar.html

 

Post a Comment

<< Home