Saturday, August 26, 2006

sunny Moldova

Hi guys!
I am taking advice from Jean and Liam to write stuff on my blog rather then sending lots of emails. First of all, i want to say a huge thank you to each and every one of you for being there for me during the hard times of my life, for your support and for your care. Please accept my deep bow. Thank you!
I am home now. Something that looked so impossible in the flow of my recent uncertainty and misfortune but it has finally come true! I wake up in the morning knowing there is nothing to worry about. I then go to the kitchen and eat yammy homemade food. I have already seen some of my friends but i am planning to go and see my dad first so that i can start working again. I am planning to help my dad with his business as a gesture of appreciation for everything he has done for me. Life is beautiful!
My trip was fine. Apart from of course having to pay those extra 15 quid cause i was stupid to buy a ticket till Victoria and wanted to come out 1 bus stop earlier in Heathrow. I think i am going to write a letter of complaint for the first time in my life. I was relaly lucky that my friend Nandu travelled on the same bus. He is a very lovely lad, he is very clever and does lots of volunteering work. I got a chance to find out more about him, didnt really know him that well. Then my ex-housemate Habib came round to Heathrow to sit with me for a while whilst i was waiting for my flight. He has not slept for 2 nights and was meant to have a job interview later on that day which i hope he got.
Btw, anyone travelling soon, Heathrow was very strict with the measurements of hand luggage! It cant be more than 45 x 35 x 16 cm! They simple push your bag into the pre-measured box to check if it fits. I spent lots of time re-shuffling stuff in my bag and it finally fit (i had to wear 3 sweaters to free space)! Of course, this lovely young check-in boy just glanced at my bag and said i was ok without the need to push it in the box..... Sods law. I really wanted to demonstrate it to him :-)
And when i arrived in Moldova, my luggage was still travelling. It happens all the time now. I dont mind, it arrived the next day.
Lol, how was the Kimos night on Friday?
And finally, when i was going from my gate to my first plane in Heathrow, i saw this unique check-in worker who is worse mentioning (btw, i was flying to Bucharest in Romania). He was very friendly to everyone and kept making jokes. He was asking travellors: "Are you going to Las Vegas, sir? Going to have a mad week-end?" or "So, you are going to Hawaii?" (lol, the man replied "I am fine, thank you"). And as we were walking to the plane, he kept saying "Thank you for coming here today. See you next week!". Everyone was smiling. He really cheered people up! I think that man is a very good example of an optimist! And as Michelle says: "Smile, life is too short to frown".
God bless! Hugs to all of you!

2 Comments:

At 2:11 PM, Blogger Dave said...

Glad to hear you made it home safe and sound and that all is well. Hope you have a great time back home.

 
At 1:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Bezzie Mate,
Missing you loads already - alls good with me as I put in my e-mail. I wish you were here to talk to but it's great to be in this age with modern tech

Love you matey
Shell xxx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home