Lent
I love Fridays. This day makes me happy for a number of reasons. Firstly, it means that I can go do bed at whatever time and worry about getting up to go to work the next day. Secondly, on Fridays I spend time with my friends and I always enjoy it. We normally go to Kimos, which is on the Mount of Pleasant, L69. Lovely place, a big thank you to the owners for their great work!
This Friday was no different. I was happy to finish my work and quickly rushed to the meeting place. My dear friends Shell, Dave and Jean were already waiting for me and i wasn't late. So we started our journey to the cafe; we were full of stories to share and too busy talking to notice blowing wind and crawling darkness....
After making ourself comfortable on the cosy chairs and having ordered food, Shell mentioned that she gave up chocolate for lent. She always give up chocolate and succeeds. 3 years ago I have given up skipping lectures in uni (i was only on my 1st year at the time). I have succeeded then, even though there was one time when I only came in for the last 5 minutes of the Economics class. The year after that I ve given up being late but I have miserably failed. Anyways, Shell started making suggestions what I should give up for lent and came up with a good suggestion. For the next 40 days (39 really) I am not allowed to talk about Astrology!!!! I can see how my work colleagues are going to be happy when they find out.
Am i a nagger? Do i really bore people with my hobby? If I do, tell me.
I am not allowed to talk about Chinese Astrology too. That is were I have made a fool out of myself. But i am not ashamed. Sometimes I make mistakes but i admit it and move on. In Kimos I ve mentioned that I know the order of all 12 animals in the Chinese astrology. I have done it in the past, alhough i am not that familiar with this type of astrology. So there i was. Trying to show animals without naming them (i couldn't name them cause I ve given up talking about Astrology all together). I have made a mistake. I thought that an animal which is Number 5 was the one which is number 4. But I was soo sure that I was right, I bet Jean a piece of cake. Why did I get it wrong? My overall logic was wrong which wasn't allowing me to consider animal number 4 for the correct place and I have made an easy mathematical mistake (yes, who wants to lauph can laugh, I got 1st in my degree and half of it was Maths). Dave and Khany have probably thought that it was increadibly stupid of me to think that I was right when a Chinese native would know it better. Maybe. But it was worth it! It made me realise that I need to learn more about it. And getting cakes for the girls was just a little gesture i had to make to cover up my foolness . Seeing Jean's cheerful face made me forget about it...
I have had a great Friday. It snowed pointlessly lots. It's March and the temperature is above 0C. The beautiful snowcover wasn't gonna last but we have made the best out of it: flying snowballs, cold fingers and very red cheeks....
I stayed at Shell's and ended up falling asleep at 4 in the morning talking to Alfie, whilst Shell was snoozing near. Everything is just the way it used to be, just a little bit more advanced, in a different time dimension.....
2 Comments:
still not sure what i should have given up for lent, not because im a liar and think i'm perfect (i know im not) just dont know which of my many faults i should try and give up. Also dont think id manage giving them up
I have tried to drink less coffee so i suppose thats something
"...in a different time dimension...."
For some reason gives me images of battling Aliens in an intergaltic war zone. Is it just me?
My vows are not going great, but I am trying. I just physically couldn't do 50 press-ups a day straight away, too out of practice. As for going swimming, well they're closing the swimming pool from next week till just after easter. :(
oh well, can't win im all.
Post a Comment
<< Home